Division of Health Care Quality
The Baystate Medical Center Division of Healthcare Quality (DHQ) ensures that patients receive the highest quality and most efficient healthcare in the safest possible manner by:
- Identifying and improving quality of care measures
- Coordinating quality and performance improvement activities, such as:
- Patient safety practices
- Infection control and prevention
- Delivering high quality, population-based care.
- Documenting and reporting quality and safety results data.
- Conducting research into ways to improve Baystate quality of care and patient safety through the Center for Quality of Care Research.
- Applying research to support performance improvement methods, such as:
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE)
- Benchmarking databases
- Safety reporting system.
- Tracking Baystate's accreditations, awards and ratings.