Senior Class Member Spotlight: Olga Colson
Long-time Senior Class member Olga Colson is a lung cancer survivor, a disease her sister succumbed to this past winter. Out of gratitude for her sister's care, compassion for her sister and friends, and the desire to make sure life-saving treatments remain available to other people in Western Massachusetts, Olga wanted to do something that was financially prudent and supported quality health care. Olga chose to fulfill her charitable goals through a Baystate Gift Annuity, which provides a stream of payments to her for life. Much of the income from the annuity is tax free, so she benefits from the income tax savings from a charitable contribution deduction. Most of all, she is glad for the opportunity to show her appreciation.
Charitable Giving Opportunities
Your gifts help Baystate Health provide nationally recognized, expert care. Please consider directing your donation to any of the hospitals Baystate Health Foundation supports:
- Baystate Children's Hospital
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Baystate Medical Center
- Baystate Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice
There are many ways you can choose to enhance the health care in our region:
- Save estate taxes and probate costs by including a gift in your will or trust.
- Include Baystate Health as a beneficiary of a bank account, investment account, life insurance policy, or retirement account.
- Fund a Life-Income Enhancing plan and save income taxes, while providing a stream of return payments for you and your loved ones for life.
- Simply write a check to Baystate Health Foundation, Inc. and mail it to Baystate Health Foundation, 280 Chestnut Street, 6th Floor, Springfield, MA 01199. Or make a donation online by visiting the Baystate Health Foundation website.
To learn more about how you can support quality health care in our region, please call Baystate Health Foundation at 413-794-4288.