Who We Are:
A service of Baystate Medical Center, Baystate Children's Hospital offers a complete range of services, both inpatient and outpatient, for the evaluation and treatment of children with possible endocrine problems, growth issues or diabetes.
- Guidance and teaching about all aspects of home and school management of diabetes in childhood
- 24 hour beeper coverage
- Diabetes support groups for children and their parents
- Monthly outreach visits at Deerfield Pediatrics in Whately/South Deerfield and at a site in Pittsfield, MA.
- Diagnosis and treatment of pediatric endocrine problems, including:
- diabetes mellitus emphasizing intensive therapy and prevention of complications.
- Insulin pump therapy
- Disorders of growth
- Precocious and delayed puberty
- Adrenal disorders: CAH, Addison's Disease
- Thyroid dysfunction and evaluation of thyroid nodules
- Calcium and vitamin D metabolism
- Metabolic bone disease
- Metabolic syndrome and lipid disorders
- Endocrine emergencies
- Hypothalamic and pituitary dysfunction, panhypopituitarism
Frequently Asked Questions....
Learn more about our unique team approach for diabetic children and their families.
- Pediatric endocrinologists
- Physician weight management specialists
- Nurse practitioners
- Pediatric diabetes and endocrine nurse educators
- Child psychologists
- Holley F. Allen, MD, Chief, Pediatric Endocrinology* **
- Rushika Conroy, MD
- Nancy S. Dunbar, MD., MPH
- Kinga Pluta, MD
- Ksenia Tonyushkina, MD
- Edward O. Reiter, MD
- Michelle Fitzgerald, NP
- Lynn Henry,RD, CDE
Meet the team...
* Also sees patients in Pittsfield 1-2 days per month at 758 East St. , Pittsfield (office of Dr. Brian J. Dempsey. Call 413-794-0813 for an appointment.)
** Also sees patients two days a month at Deerfield Pediatrics (call 413-794-0813) for an appointment).
Patient Information - Diabetes: There is an epidemic of Type 2 Diabetes in the USA today, but the disease is almost entirely preventable. How? By eating less and exercising more. Baystate Health offers a wide array of information about diabetes prevention as well as the resources available at Baystate for education and treatment.
Patient Insurance and Billing Information