Baystate Health's charitable mission is to improve the health of the people
in our communities every day, with quality and compassion.
- 783 beds and 57 bassinettes across four facilities
- Nearly 10,000 employees
Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is the Western Campus of Tufts University School of Medicine
Nursing programs at:
- American International College
- Elms College
- Greenfield Community College
- Holyoke Community College
- Springfield Technical Community College
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
|Recognition & Accreditations:
- BMC is designated a Magnet hospital for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- All Baystate hospitals and Baystate Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice are accredited by The Joint Commission
- BMC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) for residency education
- Baystate Health is ranked as a top 100 integrated health care network by the SMG Marketing Group.
|BAYSTATE HEALTH MAJOR FACILITIES AND SERVICES
Baystate Health is the parent corporation of an integrated health care system that includes:
- Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA - an academic medical center
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, MA
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, MA
Outpatient facilities and programs:
- Home care and hospice services
- Baystate Medical Practices - employed primary and specialty care provider group with multiple sites
- Multi-specialty academic group practices
- Administrative and support services
In addition, Baystate Health holds a majority interest in Health New England, a for-profit health maintenance organization.
|Baystate Medical Center (BMC)
Our flagship 716-bed hospital, BMC (including Baystate Children's Hospital) in Springfield, is Western New England's only:
- Tertiary care referral medical center
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units
BMC serves as a regional resource for specialty medical care and research, while providing comprehensive primary medical services to the community.
|Housed within BMC, the Children's Hospital provides advanced medical care to infants, children, and adolescents in an environment that focuses exclusively on the needs of children and families in the region. The 110-bed and 57-bassinette facility provides complete critical care programs, including the region's only Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units, as well as pediatric inpatient services, child life specialists, an emergency room just for kids, and outpatient specialty services. Our modern clinical facility is the second largest in Massachusetts.
|Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
||This 31-bed facility in Ware provides quality patient care services to more than twelve Central Massachusetts communities. In addition to offering a wide spectrum of services from women's health, maternity and pediatrics to surgical, intensive care and emergency care, Baystate Mary Lane Hospital also reaches out to its communities with programs such as the Adult Day Care Center and the Baystate Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice at Mary Lane Hospital.
|Baystate Franklin Medical Center (BFMC)
||Located in Greenfield near the Vermont border, BFMC is a 93-bed facility that provides high quality inpatient and outpatient services to residents of Franklin and Hampshire counties and Southern Vermont. The Birthplace, Cardiopulmonary Services, a Dialysis Unit, outpatient surgical services, rehabilitation and sports medicine services, and orthopedics are some of the specialized programs available at this acute care facility.
|Baystate Medical Practices
||Baystate Medical Practices (BMP) employ 580 physicians and advanced practitioners in community-based and academic practices throughout western Massachusetts. As an integral part of delivering on the Baystate Health mission, BMP practices include primary care, specialty and hospital-based practices. BMP physicians practicing in greater Springfield mentor and educate over 320 residents and fellows at Baystate Medical Center, as well as third- and fourth-year medical students from Tufts University School of Medicine.
|Baystate Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice (BVNAH)
||BVNAH is a comprehensive home health care agency committed to providing the highest quality care to patients and families, primarily in the home setting. We have the expertise to meet individual needs by bringing experiences nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers and home care aides to patients' homes.
|Baystate Home Infusion and Respiratory Services (BHI&RS)
|BHI&RS has the technology, services, and staff that allow many patients to receive prescribed therapies in the comfort of their homes.
|D'Amour Center for Cancer Care
||Open since 2004, this is the only free-standing multidisciplinary, truly integrated cancer care center in our region. Siemens Oncology Care Systems Group joined with clinicians at Baystate to blend the disciplines of medical oncology and radiation oncology, and to design advanced technological equipment and work flow processes that improve the coordination of patient care. As a result, the D'Amour Center has the latest cancer care technology available from Siemens, including state-of-the-art intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) and four linear accelerators. This Siemens technology is available in only a few comprehensive cancer centers across the country. The D'Amour Center for Cancer Care is among the first in the northeast and the first in New England to provide such specialized care.
|Baystate Radiology and Imaging (BRI)
||BRI offers outpatient services in three locations. In addition to general radiology, ultrasound services and mammography, BRI offers: PET (positron emission tomography) scanning Open air MRI unit High field MRI unit Mobile imaging services.
|Baystate Reference Laboratories (BRL)
||BRL, the region's largest reference laboratory, offers a broad range of 24/7 pathology testing services. The department is staffed by more than 500 technical professionals, in addition to 22 staff pathologists, all of whom are certified by the American Board of Pathology, and 12 residents and fellows. BRL is federally certified, licensed by the state, and accredited by national accrediting agencies. The quality of work is continuously monitored by internal quality control programs, participation in proficiency testing programs from multiple external agencies, and through hospital-wide quality improvement programs.
|OTHER BAYSTATE SERVICES AND CENTERS
- Baystate Health Ambulance
- Baystate Rehabilitation Care
- Comprehensive Breast Center
- Baystate Medical Practices
- Blood Donor Program
- Sadowsky Center for Children
- Neurodiagnosis and Sleep Center
- Behavioral Health Services
- Chestnut Surgery Center
- Baystate Orthopedic Surgery Center